Saturday, December 12, 2009

Goodbye...

This is the last day... the end of the Museum. A sad day for the Rogers Family and for the fans.

I heard Dusty say that he went to a restaurant one time and found out they had changed the drink (a soda type drink, of course) named for his father "Roy Rogers" to "harry potter".


Well that's what's wrong today, parents don't let their kids watch good things like Roy. Oh, they are too violent, they talk about God, right and wrong, well, we just can't have it that clear, it's all relative, and punishing bad behavior and bad guys (they were probably mentally unstable at the time, so therefore should not be punished) well it's just not good for children, very harmful. AHHHHHHHHHHH!
Ah, but instead of that! we let them watch more educational things, movies that make them want to read, Good Wholesome family movies like harry potter... HOGWASH!!!!!!!!


Alright I'm finished raving for the moment :) Too bad the days of Roy had to go, but of course
they will be alive at my house always.

Hey let me know, Do ya'll hear a word and a song pops in your head?? I have that bad, all the time a word triggered a song like "always". When I typed it the song "Always" by Irving Berlin ( I love Irving Berlin) popped into my head and will probably be there all day:)


If I knew how to put songs on here I'd put Dusty's song "King of the Cowboys" a tribute to his father. Well I don't know how to do that but here's the lyrics:


He's rode across our silver screen
For over sixty years
He's brought bad men to justice
he's seen laughter he's seen tears
and I know forever in many hearts he'll reign
As the King of the Cowboys
There is honor to his name


He's a kind and gentle legend
a hero's right to fame
he's taught folks to see the right from wrong
And he's taught me the very same
And I know forever in many hearts he'll reign
As the King of the Cowboys
There magic in his name


Chorus:
He's the King of the Cowboys, a legend in his time
A man who loves his country
Where he will always ride
Saddled up on his golden Palomino
A six gun by each side
His spurs and boots and his white hat
Walks a man with a lot of pride


Chorus:
He's the King of the Cowboys, a legend in his time
A man who loves his country
Riding off into the sunset
In a western sky of blue
He has given precious memories
and Happy Trails for me and you!


~Happy Trails to you all~
Marci

3 comments:

  1. Its sad that they have closed the Museum.
    :( :(

    Signed Big Brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so incredibly sad...I'm wondering if it's not the end of an era..even in Branson. Oh this is so bad.

    The drink had been changed to harry potter? Oh dear me...

    Happy Trails Roy, Dale & Trigger...Until we meet again...Your friend and fan, ~Mrs. Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a sad shame that they're closing down the mueseum! :( I didn't know that...

    ReplyDelete