Saturday, August 15, 2009

Thoughts to Ponder from Festus Haggen


Festus one day was contemplating learning to read, but had one question. So he asked his good friend Doc Adams:

"Supposin' I was to go to work and learn how to... to read writin'. Well, how'd I know the feller that... who wrote the writin' was writin' the writin' right? See it could be that he wrote the writin' all wrong. Here I'd be just a readin' wrong writin', don't ya see? You probably been doing it your whole life, just a readin' wrong writin' And not even knowin' it."

~Festus Haggen~ Festus and His Mule Ruth

4 comments:

  1. Festus and Ruth....what a team.
    Reading the Festus quote just makes me laugh.You can just hear him :)

    Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite. The blog looks good. Nice looking flowers. They look like the same flowers that I see on the disc golf range. Have you ever been at Imperial Park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Festus Haggen "I'm go'in to get on you like ulgy on an ape"

    ReplyDelete