Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Because of God...

Ah, I just spent 3 hours working in the great outdoors with my hands in the soil :). It is a beautiful day, nice breeze.

The book I'm reading(for the second time:) has a chapter entitled " Because of God". It's a beautiful scene where a child is telling a man about bees; the different types of bees, their jobs and how they are so excellently equipped for the jobs, why they do what they do. One thing mentioned is that the books (about bees), the wisdom of men so to speak, don't know why the bees do as they do, and the child says it's Because of God. So simple, but it's the answer the world in all it's wisdom misses all the time. Just like it says in the first chapter of I Corinthians of the bible.

1Co 1:21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.


The title of the book is "Keeper of The Bees" by Gene Stratton Porter, if you ever see a copy (it's hard to find) you should pick it up and read it, it's an amazing story very, very well written.

1 comment:

  1. I'll keep my eye(s) out! I love your picture of the brook/rock! Your blog is so quaint! I just love it. Thanks for calling about Earl today. He is soon to be set free, I hope. Tinker and Henry are annoying him very much.
    Ttyl - love ya

    ReplyDelete